Summertime is upon us and that means that the big fire ball in the sky, otherwise know as the Sun, is relentless on our skin. First and foremost in my world of Irish, whitey Mcwhite skin is sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! But the next thing my skin is craving is the Body Oil. So Ashlyn and I shared with each other our favorite ways to use the Body Oil and now we want to share them with you!
1. As an all over body moisturizer, right!? We like to say over here at Olive + M that we marinate in the oil. Just out of the bath, slather it on and allow all those antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to do their job hydrating and nourishing the largest organ of the body. Feel your skin soak it up and glow!
2. Whatever your pick: cool pool, lake or river, we Texans spend a lot of time in the water during the summer in an effort to keep cool and enjoy the outdoors. For me, this leaves my cuticles needing some extra love. In comes the Body Oil. Rub a little on your cuticles to soften and nourish them.
3. End of a long day? We recommend a glass of wine and hot bath with a sprinkling of the oil in the inviting water. Soak for as long as time allows, then slip into something silky to compliment your silky skin!
4. Mix up a little exfoliating scrub to use in your bath or shower. Put about 4 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl and add just enough pumps of the Body Oil to saturate the sugar. I like to use this scrub on my feet, especially before I do the 5th recommendation below.
5. Say goodbye to alligator feet! My summer feet, I call them, often need emergency attention. Just out of the bath, massage the oil into your feet (or better yet get your significant other too) and then sleep in cotton socks…you will wake up to angel feet.