Get to Know Our Shimmer + Glow Body Oil
Bring out your inner goddess with our newest oil blend, the Shimmer + Glow Body Oil. Complete with natural mica to maintain your summer glow all year long, this product will soon become a permanent staple in your beauty skincare routine. Not only will it give your skin the perfect highlight, but this lightweight formula is rich in plant-based oils that will actively hydrate and repair your skin throughout the day. Together, the blend of white jasmine flower, vetiver, and sweet oranges creates a beautiful aroma with notes of warm cedarwood, black pepper and patchouli. Think of it as a star in a bottle.
Why the Shimmer + Glow Body Oil?
The Shimmer + Glow Body Oil was born from our desire to maintain a summer glow all year long. We didn’t want anything that looked like you’d doused yourself in glitter, but something subtle, natural, and healthy for your skin. The key shimmer ingredient is a mineral called mica, which not only gives your skin a glittery effect, but is also highly reflective, helping your skin maintain a beautiful glow for all hours of the day. The best part is that this oil does more than just make you feel and look good — it simultaneously moisturizes and protects your skin with its antioxidant, omega and amino acid packed plant-based ingredients.
- Olive Oil – We believe olive oil is Mother Nature’s biggest beauty secret. Olive oil closely resembles the chemical composition of your skin’s natural oil (sebum), which gives it a strong affinity to human skin, allowing it to penetrate into the skin quickly and easily. And, just like your skin’s natural sebum, olive oil also has anti-microbial properties that protect the skin from infection and damage. Olive oil has the added advantage of providing strong antioxidants, like Vitamins A and E, that help repair and renew skin that has been damaged from overexposure to sun, air pollution, and other modern-day environmental hazards. These antioxidants have the natural ability to stimulate cells and return skin to a firmer, smoother, and healthier state.
- Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil – Commonly known as Purple Viper’s Bugloss or Paterson’s curse, Echium seed oil’s ultra- moisturizing benefits make it perfect for hydrating and protecting your skin’s natural barrier.
- Omegas 3 and 6 – In combination with Stearidonic Acid and Gamma Linolenic Acid, they work together to prevent oxidative damage to skin caused by UV rays.
- Sweet Orange Oil – Not only does this health boosting aromatherapy oil smell intoxicatingly bright and citrusy, it’s great for your skin too. Packed with vitamin C, sweet orange oil promotes smooth, clear and overall healthy skin. The main active ingredient in this oil is limonene, a powerful, free-radical fighting antioxidant with anti-inflammatory benefits.
Mica, or “nature’s glitter,” is a multi-layered shiny silicate mineral that can be ground down into a fine sparkling powder. The word “mica” comes from the Latin word “micare,” which means “to glitter.” Due to its highly reflective properties, mica can create an instant shimmer, helping the skin look smoother, softer and more radiant. Because of this, mica is often used as a color additive in cosmetics to further promote a shimmery effect in foundations, eyeshadows, lip glosses, body oils, and more. It’s also used in several sunscreens due to its ability to reflect the sun’s ultraviolet radiation (UVR) away from the skin.
How to Use:
*Before using the oil, make sure to shake the bottle as all of the mica will be resting at the bottom.
- Face – Use as a highlighter by layering the Shimmer Oil under your makeup or mixing into your foundation
- Cheeks – Dab a few drops along your your cheekbones for an all-natural highlight
- Lips – Add a shimmery finish to your lips by dabbing a few drops of oil on top of your lipstick or gloss
- Hair – Work a few drops of oil through damp or dry hair for added shine and moisture
- Skincare – Mix a dropper-full of Shimmer Oil with your favorite moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation, or moisturizing oil to further add a shimmer to your daily skincare routine