Our New, On-the-Go Antioxidant Balm
Take your glow on the go with Olive + M’s Antioxidant Balm. Our new balm is packed with antioxidant-rich, plant-based oils—making it easy to moisturize, protect, and sooth your skin while out and about. Upon contact, our balm melts into your skin and quickly absorbs, leaving your skin nourished and velvety soft with a subtle scent of bergamot, neroli, and rose.
Why antioxidant balm?
Have you ever been up in the mountains or out in the city during the cold winter months and wished you had something to protect your skin against the cold? Well that’s exactly what happened to Olive + M Founder Mariska Nicholson when she was on vacation last year.
“I was in Washington D.C. last winter and there was a cold snap that caught me off guard—temperatures in the 20’s with bone chilling wind. I wished I had some sort of product that I could carry with me and swipe over my face and neck to protect against the cold. In that moment, the idea for Antioxidant Balm was born.”
Rich with hydrating oils and held together with sunflower seed wax, this portable little product gives your skin the drink it needs while adding a healthy, hydrating glow—no matter where you are in your day. So whether you are out in the cold winter snow or catching some rays on the beach, this balm can follow you anywhere you go to keep you skin healthy and hydrated.
Our Favorite Ways to Use the Balm
- PROTECTIVE LAYER – Smooth all over face, neck, and lips before makeup as a primer to protect skin against elements like cold temps, wind, and air pollution
- GLOW ON-THE-GO – Swipe across cheekbones, neck, hands, elbows or other dry spots for instant hydration and glow
- CUTICLE TOUCH-UP – Massage into dry cuticles for that just-manicured look between trips to the salon
- Olive Oil – Olive oil closely resembles the chemical composition of your skin’s natural oil (sebum), which gives it a strong affinity to human skin, allowing it to penetrate into the skin quickly and easily. Its anti-microbial properties help protect from bacteria and infection, while antioxidants like Vitamin A and E repair skin that has been damaged from sun exposure, air pollution and more. It’s a natural powerhouse that returns your skin to a firmer, smoother, healthier state. This is why olive oil is the foundation of every single Olive + M product
- Rosemary – Rosemary extract’s high antioxidant content helps protect the skin from free radicals and other environmental stressors like sun damage and pollution. It’s anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties make rosemary perfect for soothing dry and irritated skin
- Carrot Seed Oil – Known for its antibacterial properties and high levels of Vitamins E and C, which work together to bring new life to skin in combination with carotol to give skin a rejuvenated look and feel. Carrot Seed Oil’s high antioxidant content, specifically its polyphenol, protect skin against free radicals, cell damage and environmental stressors
- Horseradish Tree – Rich in Vitamins A, B, C, D and E, Horseradish Tree is commonly referred to as the “medical tree”, as it is widely used in traditional medicine. It also contains all 8 of the essential amino acids needed by the body. AS the building blocks of proteins, amino acids are needed to grow, repair and maintain cells for healthy skin
- Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax – With its high binding capacity, sunflower seed wax helps hold all the ingredients in the formula. As an emollient, the wax coats your skin with a thin oily film that seals the water in your skin, keeping it hydrated longer
The size of the Antioxidant Balm is perfect for tossing into your bag and carrying on-the-go, and with the holidays around the corner, it will even make a great stocking stuffer. Get yours today.