You might have heard of Sex Magic before but were you open and ready to understand it then? Maybe not, maybe you are now and that's why you decided to stop and read this. If that’s the case, then do yourself a favor and take a minute to calm your mind, open your heart and take a deep breath. If you have resistance to this message it might be due to years of conditioning that tells you that you can’t trust your own power.
But I can attest after a lot of time and work with myself and others I can honestly make this claim: If a person takes the time to sit in silence and listen to what their soul desires, no matter how absurd. Then works to get pristine clarity on what that looks like, sounds like and smells like; then they can use high vibrational states to manifest that lofty goal. 100%
Caveat: once you understand your goal fully and have used high vibrations to draw it towards yourself. You will need to put in the work to get it.
Good news: if your soul wants it bad enough, it won’t always feel like hard work. Most of the time it'll be fun, exhilarating and energizing.
Ok ok now on to what exactly is Sex Magic and is it effective? Sex Magic is using your highest vibrational state to attract your biggest desires in life. Energy workers have known since ancient times that when you vibrate at your highest state it is easier to tap into your genius and magnetize similar high vibrations to yourself. For example abundance, health, happiness in energy form all have high vibrations similar to how you feel when you are having sex or orgasming.
There have not been to my knowledge any randomized controlled studies on Sex Magic providing evidence that Sex Magic is effective. There is not any known formula outlining how consistently it needs to be practiced in order to yield results, or how long it generally takes before the thing you desire becomes manifest in your life. None of that has been formally studied.
What we DO have is anecdotal evidence. And since THEY can’t bottle Sex Magic to make oodles of money off of it, I don't see them shelling out the big bucks to really test this magic. You are just going to have to believe me and try it yourself. What is there to lose? Even if I am full of crap at least you'll have had a lot of great sex during the experimentation of this theory.
How to preform Sex magic
1. Decide what experience you want to manifest
2. Make sure your desire aligns with your notion of the Highest Good, and then consecrate the practice to that Highest Good (e.g. Truth and Love, Divine Consciousness, Wisdom, Spiritual Liberation, The Universe, God, etc.)
3. Imagine a vivid experience of having your desire, involving all 5 senses (what do you feel, touch, see, hear, smell, taste when you experience this desired reality?)
4. Build pleasure and sexual energy in your body, while using connected breathing to circulate that energy between your root chakra and each of the other 6 chakras
5. When the energy reaches your crown chakra, hold the vision of your desired reality in mind, as you send your intention out to the universe through the top of your head, and feel the blessings of Highest Good integrating through every chakra down your body back to the root
Sounds pretty great doesn’t it? Also its very accessible. You can do it with a partner (extra points if you get them to envision your goals too) or you can do it alone with a self pleasure practice.
Bare Minimum Benefits
-You will become more clear about what you really want by taking time to vividly imagine what it would be like to have a lived, 5-senses experience of your desired reality
-You will quickly realize if you have any major internal conflicts around that desire, by asking yourself if it aligns with your idea of Highest Good
-You will be giving yourself lots of self-pleasure, which has all kinds of amazing health benefits in and of itself, and by definition, feels really good!
Potential Game-Changing, Mind-Blowing, World-Rocking Benefits
-You'll harness and channel your sexual energy to become a high-vibration electromagnetic match for whatever you want in life
-You'll develop an embodied understanding that your sexuality -- your life force and your ecstasy -- is a bridge between your organic, finite human experience and the boundless, infinite potentiality of Source / The Universe / Divine Consciousness / God / etc.
If you know me, you know that I live for the brain science behind any aspect that I research. So now on to my FAVORITE part.
Sex Magic improves communication & alignment between different parts of the brain
Sex Magic affects the brain in 3 different ways:
1. Breath Work: Using connected breathing (no pause between inhales and exhales) increases the oxygen in your body and activates the primal / limbic system. Thinking about your goal (using your cerebral cortex) with your primal brain ALSO activated, will soothe any primal, survival-level fears that you carry in association with your goal as you experience embodied pleasure throughout the practice. In other words, you activate the primal brain so that you can soothe it while you consciously envision your goal or desire.
2. Ritual: Any ritual - sex magic or otherwise (you know how Olive + M feels about the importance of ritual) - communicates with the primal brain and limbic system through pre-lingual experiences. It is not about using words to creative a rational narrative; it's about having an experience of a desired reality through your imagination and opening yourself to felt, embodied energies.
3. Chakra Activation: Each of the chakras in the 7-chakra system -- root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, 3rd eye, and crown -- correspond to different parts of the brain. So as you move energy through each chakra, you are also creating deep alignment throughout your brain around having what you desire.
Sex Magic uses visualization to shift your subconscious identity
The brain is really bad at being able to distinguish thought from reality. That's why, when you have thoughts about failing a test, or a loved one dying, or getting married to the love of your life, you will actually feel the emotions of anxiety, sadness, and joy (respectively) in your body.
Consider also what happens in our bodies when we think about something that turns us on sexually -- doesn't your body respond, physiologically? The mind is powerful! Beyond a doubt, your thoughts affect your body at a minimum, and they potentially affect your physical reality on a much wider scale as well.
The mind's ability to influence the body even contributes to motor skill building. In the book The Mind and the Brain: Neuroplasticity and the Power of Mental Force, there are several examples of people using mental practice (ie. their imagination) to restore lost motor skills, practice complex piano pieces, and create other incredible results.
This works because what you experience in your imagination is registered by your brain the same way as something occurring in the "real world."
So, when you visualize yourself having something you want during Sex Magic, your mind starts to see you as the type of person who actually has that thing. And over time, your subconscious will get to work making that imagined experience your actual reality.
According to the book Psychocybernetics, your subconscious is a powerful creative mechanism that is always working to bridge the gap between your identity and your reality. Here's how it works:
1. You consciously imagine yourself experiencing the thing you desire (e.g. getting married to the love of your life)
2. Your brain registers that experience as, "Oh, I guess I'm the type of person who gets married to the love of my life," and begins to incorporate that into your subconscious identity
3. Your subconscious mind gets to work giving you insights, creative impulses, and intuitive sparks that help you become that person and magnetize that love into your life (because the subconscious is always at work getting our experiences to mirror our self-image)
One thing to note, of course, is that if you also have lots of thoughts that you are a relationship screw-up, that you don't deserve love, that it's never going to happen for you, that there's no good ones left out there, that no one wants to commit or have something meaningful, etc., those will be processed by your brain and subconscious in the same pattern.
So you might do Sex Magic regularly for an entire year, but if you're telling yourself in between practices that you suck and you feel unworthy of love and you aren't doing anything to improve your embodied sense of worthiness to thrive in life and love, then your subconscious is going to be getting all kinds of mixed messages about who you actually are, and not know what direction to steer you in.
I don't mean to put pressure on you to be sunny-positive-Polyanna about yourself 24/7. That's not the thing here.
The art of it, from what I can tell, is allowing yourself to feel worthy and ready for the things you desire even if you also feel like a lazy POS, a total mess, a deeply insecure person, an ugly person, a burden, a fuck-up, etc.
Or, you could lean into those feelings in a different way. You can learn to "get off" on all that shadowy self-criticism also, so that even your repeating patterns of toxic relationships and money scarcity can become desire fulfillment in a cosmically kinky way.
In fact, Carolyn Elliott, PhD has written an entire (brilliant) book , Existential Kink, teaching you exactly how to do this! And this leads us to the next theory... (READ THIS BOOK!)
Sex Magic associates your desire with pleasure and aliveness
We all have two kinds of desires:
1. "Light and Love" desires: The ones we're proud of, the ones that elevate us into becoming higher beings, the ones motivated by love, kindness, and abundance for ourselves and others
2. "Shadow" desires: The ones that gross us out. The ones that we feel ashamed of, like sexual attraction to totally inappropriate people, wanting your friend's business to fail, craving unrequited love because then we can feel the all the delicious romantic feelings without risking our freedom, or hoping that something tragic happens to us so we can write a book about it and get famous.
One of my take-aways from Existential Kink was if we find ourselves in repeating patterns of things we consciously DO NOT WANT, it may indicate that a part of us "gets off" on that thing. For example, a part of us may take a kinky pleasure in the grind of being a struggling entrepreneur, the grit and creativity of getting by on less money than other people, the thrills of dating unavailable people, the challenge of proving our worthiness, value, and attractiveness to other people over and over again...
If you pay attention, you may notice that these "unhealthy" or "toxic" patterns and identities actually generate more intense sensations of excitement and aliveness in your body...
...especially when you compare them to what you feel when you think of actually having a secure relationship, financial stability, or true comfort in your own skin.
When you think about those healthy desires, you probably feel good and peaceful, perhaps a sense of relief.
But do they turn you on? Does your heart beat faster? Does your body buzz? Can you feel energy move? Does your heart or pussy tingle?
If not, it's time to ask yourself if that thing you say you want IS what you want, or if it's just the thing you feel comfortable or justified wanting... the responsible, admirable, ethical, or status-boosting next step.
Your subconscious will generally deliver the thing that turns you on -- even in a shadowy, kinky, self-sabotaging way -- so this is a very important question to be asking yourself.
In Sex Magic, you'll connect your heart's desire with your body's turn-on -- you literally "get off" on what you desire by giving yourself sexual pleasure while holding your desire in mind. If you are advanced, you'll even time your climax to happen as you send your intention out to the universe through your crown chakra, while imagining your 5-senses reality.
And all of this will contribute significantly to re-wiring your subconscious to associate these healthy desires and goals with embodied excitement, aliveness, and turn-on, so it doesn't get the order you're placing with the Universe kinkily twisted anymore.
Sex Magic changes your electromagnetic "signature"
In his book, Becoming Supernatural, Dr. Joe Dispenza introduces a powerful meditation called Tuning in to New Potentials, which uses a process very similar to Sex Magic to create an electro-magnetic field around the body.
It doesn't involve self-pleasure (sadly) or circulating energy through each chakra specifically, but it uses the breath to pull energy up through the body's central channel, from the root chakra to the crown chakra, and it uses two key elements of manifestation: (1) a vivid vision of your intention (see #2 on visualization), and (2) high vibration or elevated emotion, such as love, gratitude, inspiration, joy, excitement, awe or wonder (or turn-on).
Here's how Dr. Dispenza explains it:
Thoughts, which make up your intention, are the electrical charge you are sending out into the unified field. Now you have to combine that intention with an elevated emotion...you have to tap into the feeling you anticipated you will have when you manifest your intent, and then feel the emotion ahead of the experience. The elevated emotion (which carries a higher energy) is the magnetic charge you are sending out into the field.
When we marry an intention (the electric charge) with that energy (the magnetic charge), we create a new electromagnetic field. Since energy is frequency and all frequency carries information, it is that elevated energy that carries your thought or intention.
When there's a vibrational match between your energy and any potential that already exists in the unified field, you begin to draw that new experience to you.
If you were wondering if and when quantum physics would be involved in this Sex Magic discussion, the answer is yes and the time is now.
In The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, & Miracles, Dr. Bruce Lipton, a biologist, dedicates an entire chapter to quantum physics. He echoes the quantum understanding of matter as energy, with every atom (and every collective group of atoms) radiating their own "electromagnetic signatures," as Dispenza would refer to it, or "unique energy signaure," according to Lipton:
Because each atom has its own specific energy signature (wobble), assemblies of atoms (molecules) collectively radiate their own identifying energy patterns. So every material structure in the universe, including you and me, radiates a unique energy signature.
Sex Magic is similar to this meditation, because it also combines an intention with elevated emotions (sex magic should always be done in states of positive emotion such as love, gratitude, peace, etc.). Therefore, it would leverage the same scientific principles related to generating an electromagnetic signature consistent with your desire.
Sex Magic stimulates the pineal gland and creates mystical experiences
A "side effect" (in quotes because I don't think it's accidental) of moving so much energy up into the brain is that the pineal gland in the center of the brain becomes stimulated. It secretes its metabolites into the brain, arousing the neocortex to go into higher brain-wave patterns that simultaneously relax the body and awaken the mind.
In Dispenza's words, the effect of this process is that "you're in bliss."
Three specific things happen simultaneously to make this experience possible:
1. As you run a current up your spinal column by accelerating the movement of cerebrospinal fluid, your body becomes like a magnet and you create an electromagnetic field around it.
2. When the pineal gland is activated, a reverse torus field of electromagnetic energy is drawing energy into your body through the top of your head...
3. Since all frequency carries information, now your pineal gland is receiving information from beyond the visible light field and from beyond your senses.
When these three things occur in tandem, it's going to feel like you're having an orgasm in your head... you're getting information from the quantum field moving to another eye--your third eye--from the pineal gland in the back of your brain.
Yes you're welcome.
Want to know who else talks about the pineal gland? Diana Richardson, in her book, The Heart of Tantric Sex:
The secret of Tantra, and its prime interest, is that sexual energy is encouraged to be retained in the body... sexual energy is given the opportunity to circulate back to its source in the brain, so as to revitalize and nourish the "master" glands (pineal and pituitary) in the body. These glands have a profound influence on health... since ancient times sex has been associated with longevity and spiritual illumination.
Accessing this second phase of our sexual energy, by allowing it to turn inward and upward, is the revelation of Tantra. It shows us that sex can be directed to create more life, not simply another life. (Napoleon Hill, in his classic text, Think and Grow Rich, echoes this theory with an entire chapter dedicated to the transmutation of sexual energy into creative power.)
"In time, a neglected energy pathway forges its way open in the core of the body, and we experience this from the genitals upward as a streaming electromagnetic current, a glorious golden light phenomenon."
There's that term again -- electromagnetic current -- being generated by bringing energy from the sex organs to the brain, and generating more life.
And what is desire fulfillment, if not more life?
This might have been a lot to take in all at once so I invite you to come back to this a few times and read it in chunks to really let it soak in. Try thus method and in a few months let us know if it is working for you. We would love nothing more than hearing from you on this topic.
BodyWise Coaching, LLC
Truth & Love Coaching LLC
Books mentioned above