Why Is Olive Oil Good For Your Skin?
The summer months are the perfect time to lighten your daily makeup routine and show off your golden, glowing skin. If the natural approach has you considering the best clean ways to care for your skin, olive oil should top the list. This natural oil can treat a number of skin challenges, or just act as a super moisturizer. The healthy fats in olive oil mimic those found in your body, which is why olive oil works so well as a cosmetic product.
Why Is Olive Oil Good For My Skin?
The properties in olive oil are gentle and can be absorbed quickly by your skin, making it an excellent natural moisturizer. Unsaturated fats and Vitamins A and E are the beneficial properties in olive oil – key factors in why olive oil heals dry skin on your face and other areas that often lack natural moisture. Here are the best places to use olive oil on your body:
- Face: Not only is olive oil a great moisturizer, but the oil is an effective makeup remover. Use olive oil to remove stubborn eye makeup and as a general facial cleanser.
- Cuticles: Long summer days in pool water and constantly washing your hands during flu season can leave your cuticles dry and cracked. Use olive oil to restore your cuticles, nourish nails and ease hangnails.
- Lips: Chapped lips will drink in the moisture from olive oil. Mix a teaspoon of olive oil with course sugar to create a natural lip scrub (add lemon for acidic benefits and flavor).
- Heels: In between pedicures, use olive oil to repair cracked heels. Scrub with a pumice stone then apply olive oil directly to your feet.
- Hair: Use olive oil as a pretreatment before you shampoo or after washing as a leave in conditioner or to smooth and restore shine.
- Legs: Out of shaving cream? No worries! Slather on some olive oil for a smooth shave.
- Ears: An unexpected secret use for olive oil is to help eliminate ear wax. Place a drop or two of the oil in your ears before bed to loosen the buildup by morning.
Ethically sourced, pure, cold-pressed brands of olive oil are best for your face. Natural, olive oil-based cleansers and moisturizers are a no-fuss way to enjoy the benefits of this antioxidant packed oil.
Health Benefits Of Olive Oil
Olive oil is one of the easiest ways to get clean, moisturized skin without much effort. Vegan face scrubs with an olive oil base also help remove impurities from your skin. Since olive oil is a natural resource, you can mix and layer it with other products without a negative results – add it to your lotions and conditioners for a rich texture.
When using olive oil on your hair or skin, create a spa-like experience by heating the oil in hot water before applying to your scalp or skin. Benefits of olive oil for your skin include:
- Evening out discoloration from skin and sunspots
- Reduce appearance of lines and wrinkles by hydrating and smoothing skin
- Cleansing skin of dirt and bacteria that causes blackheads
- Even skin’s texture and tone
- Give skin a natural, healthy glow
Add a few drops of olive oil to your bath to benefit from the moisturizing properties and make your skin feel silky smooth.
No matter the brand of olive oil you choose for your skin, keep it stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. When stored in a dark-colored glass bottle, olive oil will last much longer. If the numerous types and brands of olive oil is overwhelming, start with a vegan skin care product with olive oil as the base ingredient. You’ll get all the benefits without worrying if you’ve made a good choice for your skin!